Trader Joe’s. Two words that bring so much joy and excitement to college students. The unique yet reasonably-priced food products are attractive to customers and make for easy recipes. The store has gained so much popularity over the past few years that there are now TikTok and Instagram pages dedicated to Trader Joe’s product reviews and recipes. Whether you find recipes on social media or a cookbook, cooking with Trader Joe’s products creates exciting meals that are shockingly easy to make.
Hash Brown Avocado Toast
Getting bored of traditional avocado toast? Using a few products from Trader Joe’s helps dress up this overdone breakfast. And most importantly, topping it off Everything but the Bagel Seasoning adds fun flavor.
-Trader Joe’s frozen hash browns
-Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
1. Cook hash browns using a stovetop, oven or toaster oven. To make them crispier, defrost them in the microwave before cooking them.
2. Mash avocado on the cooked hash browns and add eggs cooked how you like them.
3. Most importantly, add (lots of) Everything but the Bagel Seasoning to the toast and enjoy.
Chilled Noodle Salad
Finding quick yet healthy options for lunch is challenging, but Trader Joe’s has lots of options to help. Their lentil and brown rice spaghetti is a lighter alternative to traditional pasta and only takes a few minutes to make.
-Trader Joe’s Organic Yellow Lentil & Brown Rice Spaghetti
-Red bell peppers (thinly sliced)
-Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
1. Use the stove to boil a pot of water. Cook the organic, yellow lentil & brown rice spaghetti.
2. Fill a large bowl with cold water. Add the cooked spaghetti to the cold water to cool it. After it is cooled, drain it and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add cabbage, carrots and bell peppers to the bowl of spaghetti. Mix in the spicy peanut vinaigrette.
4. Garnish with crushed peanuts and enjoy.
One Pan Dinner
It doesn’t get much easier than making dinners with one pan, but adding Trader Joe’s products make them even more appealing. To make it even better, preparing this meal at the beginning of the week gives you leftovers to keep in the fridge.
-Trader Joe’s sweet Italian chicken sausage
-Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi (also comes in sweet potato or kale flavor)
-Trader Joe’s vegan kale, cashew and basil pesto
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Evenly spread the cauliflower gnocchi, chicken sausage and broccoli across baking sheet. Sprinkle salt, pepper and spices of your choice.
3. Put the pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the broccoli and chicken sausage from the pan and put in a large bowl. Bake gnocchi for 15 more minutes.
4. Toss the broccoli, chicken sausage and gnocchi with the p