- Willow Smith: Yes, she is the daughter of red-carpet power-couple Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, and yes, she is awesome all by herself. At just 9 years old, Willow is making her own (title) waves in the fashion world as a punk-glam style icon for pre-teens everywhere. Plus, she’s got the music industry on lock with a new single and accompanying video, complete with a head of heart-shaped braids, which she uses to splatter paint everywhere.
- Lourdes Leon: Otherwise known as Madonna’s daughter, the recently turned 14-year-old is now officially a style celeb, fashion designer and blogger! Not surprisingly, she also rocks the punky look, which is channeled in with girly, 80s looking pieces for the affordable line, Material Girl, she co-designed with her iconic mama.
- Daphne Groeneveld: Huge lips. Almost 5 feet 11 inches. 15 years old. Need I say more? Okay, I will. In the past year, she’s walked for Givenchy, Calvin Klein, Gucci and Jil Sander; she starred in two Vogue Paris editorials; and perhaps most impressively, she was one of the gorgeous faces of Miu Miu’s F/W 10 ad campaign. Boom, baby.
- Hudson Kroenig: Son of super-male-model Brad Kroenig, Hudson walked (hand-in-hand with his Daddy) for Chanel’s Spring 2011 show at just 2 years old! Okay, so I’m not considering this little guy an actual threat yet, seeing as my chance to model for Baby Gap may have already passed. But, I’m trying to make a point here, people.
- Tavi Gevinson: Since there are countless young fashion bloggers making me feel worthless out there these days, I decided to choose just one (who is so young and so brilliant that I can’t even be mad) to highlight. Undoubtedly one of my favorite minors I’ve never met and one of the only barely-there teenagers I would actually enjoy having a conversation with, Tavi is a 14-year-old Chicagoan and a true fashion marvel. Her credentials are endless but here are a few especially awesome feats: She’s judged a fashion-film competition and sat on a panel for a fashion blogging discussion, she’s sat front row at shows like Rodarte, Marc Jacobs and Alexander Wang and she’s graced the cover of Pop magazine. Perhaps most impressive, however, is her incredibly insightful and almost strangely mature writing skills, as well as her clearly exceptional eye for aesthetics, both shown on her personal blog, The Style Rookie.
- Cecilia Cassini: The self-proclaimed creator of masterpieces that outfit everyone from celebrity toddlers to her adolescent girlfriends, Cecilia is a 10-year-old girly-girl/priss-diva. The girl’s got talent for sure, and a seemingly endless supply of neon colors and sparkles, but it remains to be seen whether the Los Angeles (shocking!) sensation is for real or whether she’s just another Hollywood fame-seeker.
- Pedro Lourenço: He presented his first show for Fall this year in the room where Yves Saint Laurent used to present couture. Presumptuous for a 19-year-old? Maybe. But the native Brazilian definitely delivered. His collection was impeccably crafted, and although his designer-duo parents’ factory helped produce the clothes, the sophistication and originality of his vision were just as remarkable come springtime.