I def blame my need to party on my ginger ex-boyfriend who broke up with me. Yes, I dated a ging. Swear I am not still attracted to them.
Anyway, shots get old. So, I realized it’s time for me, as a dance major, to get back to my so-called “ballerina body.” When in doubt, though, blame it on the alllcoholll, and for me, the ging BF.
Almost every person (mostly women) have a New Year's Resolution to "get in shape." Typically, they work out the first week...then school, work and extracurricular activities come into play. It gets hard to stay on the schedule.
Here are some key ways to make sure you drop the pounds:
1. Set a goal or intention. As Deepak Chopra states in his spiritual reading, “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success": "Your intent is for the future, but your attention is in the present." Focus on the NOW. Keep your eyes on the prize (your "dream" weight), but don't just focus on that. Get a work out in every day, and eat around 4-5 small meals a day.
2. Stay away from SONIC or any other fast food venue. If you’re dying for some fries, get a Happy Meal.
3. Personally, I use “My Fitness Pal" on my iPhone to track my diet and exercise.
4. Don’t weigh yourself until after five weeks. Weight doesn’t matter. It’s how you feel and look.
5. Continue to get drunk. We are in college. Have a shitty night any time you want. But stay with light drinks such as Michelob Ultra if you love beer and vodka tonic if you want some liquor.
6. Eat. Eat like Julia Roberts did in the film “Eat Pray Love.” Enjoy what you eat.
7. Lastly, as my own advice, stay away from the gingers. All the myths are true.