Wake Up With Rainbow Hashbrowns
Mornings can be hard, especially when you wake up and find that your cereal box is empty or the milk’s gone bad.
Brighten up your breakfast with this colorful savory creation. Plus, it’ll give you a reason to use all of those veggies you buy at the farmer’s market every week.
1 sharp knife
1 T olive oil
1 cup shredded potatoes (I use frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes)
1 green onion, sliced
1 sweet pepper, sliced
¼ cup tomato, diced
1 jalapeño, diced (optional)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Heat the olive oil in the skillet on medium heat. Make sure the bottom of the skillet is coated; this will prevent sticking.
2. Add hash brown potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Once the potatoes are turning golden, add the green onion, sweet pepper and tomato. If you want to spice things up, throw some of those jalapeño slices in there, too. Let cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the cheese and fold into your delish golden concoction. Once it melts, place everything on a plate.
5. Crack the egg into the pan. Cook over-easy on medium heat. If you break the yolk trying to flip the egg, no worries. Scrape that bad boy on top of your hash browns and actually enjoy being a morning person. Even if it’s just for today.